Monday, January 27, 2014

SHE SAID - So...This Whole Blogging Thing

Derek and I hopped on this blogging-train not knowing what to expect.  We honestly had't even read many other blogs in general to know what 'type' of blog we wanted to be.  We just knew we felt compelled to start one to tell our family, friends, and basically anyone willing to read it about the good work of Dave Ramsey. 

Exactly 1 video and 3 posts later the DR-train got derailed, hah.  We weren't sure how best to get people excited about DR through our posts without sounding robotic about the 'Baby Steps' of DR, so we felt a bit discouraged and decided to let the blog 'rest' for a bit while we gathered our thoughts. (Honestly DR's books are written so well, the main point we can make is just READ THEM and let him get you excited!)

We had mentioned that the blog was going to branch off into our own personal interests in time in the 'Intro!' video...little did we know it'd branch off muuuuchhh sooner than planned, hah. As I've said multiple times, DR posts will.come.again.  
I promise.

But for now, let me tell you what I've learned this far this this whole blogging thing process...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Rachel, I enjoyed this video. I think you are doing a great job and your personality does shine through. And let's face it, Makeup is awesome!

    It is way more fun when people comment, I understand. What kind of camera do you use?

    I make videos about essential oils and the little video camera from 6 years ago that I use, just doesn't seem to cut it-quality wise. haha. I think one time you ask for people's blogs- I'm working on my blog it's not quite ready to be publicized, but you can check out my YOUTUBE channel: Smallqueendom :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leah! I just subscribed. :) I use a Nikon Coolpix L110. It does ok. My mother in law picked it up at a pawn shop (I think) for $25 one time, so I can't complain! I may look into getting a different one in the future, but for now I don't want to invest money in that just yet...I'd rather spend it on makeup. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey, I just nominated you for a Liebster Award, just wanted to make sure you knew..
    http://lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/the-liebster-award.html

    www.lipsiie3.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post a comment! We love to respond!...and they make us feel like we're doing something right, hah!