Tuesday, September 17, 2013

SHE SAID - Cheap Lipstick Goodness

As I mentioned in my last video, I don't own a high end lipstick.  It's true, believe it or not!  Now, I won't promise that I'll never buy a high end lipstick (I can feel that purchase coming on in the next few months...)  Let me explain a bit why I've yet to make that purchase plunge.  I once watched a video/read an article (honestly can't remember) of a source I apparently trusted that explained that lipstick is super cheap to manufacture because it's mostly wax.  Since it's so cheap to produce, there's honestly no need to pay the big bucks for it.  All drugstore lipsticks I've purchased have been between $0.99 and $6.00 = very affordable.  Often you can find them on clearance for significantly less than their original price.  Do some of them smell cheap?  Yes.  Do some of them need a bit of gloss over top to not feel dry?  Sure.  But each time I buy a drugstore lipstick I'm saving nearly $10 bucks.  So wanna see the goods?  Below is a picture and swatches of the drugstore lipsticks I have.  And honestly, I've gotten great results from every single one!




2 comments:

  1. I enjoy your tutorials. I'm using your tips each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great!! I'm glad you're liking them! If you have any requests just let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to post a comment! We love to respond!...and they make us feel like we're doing something right, hah!